WordPress, HungryFEED and (french) accented words.
Last time I moved my (WordPress) Web site, I started from scratch ; mostly because I did a lot of testings on the previous instance. Anyway… On the “News” page, I use the HungryFEED plugin to aggregate on a single page the few RSS feeds I daily read. Some are written in English and some are French. Since I moved the WP instance, the accented words were messy.
I checked the links I use with the Safari RSS reader and there were correctly
rendered. So there were only two options : either Apache on NetBSD as issues,
or I was missing stuff in
It turned out that I was just missing the Multibyte String extension. Here’s what it looked like without and with it.
I just had to:
# pkg_add php53-mbstring-5.3.5.tgz # /usr/pkg/etc/php.ini (...) extension=mbstring.so (...) # /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/apache restart
That’s All Folks!